Thursday, October 8, 2009

October 8 -- Every student can learn, just not on the same day, or the same way.-- George Evans

Hi everybody. This is a late blog; I just got home from class. I just wanted to remind you that it's NECAP time! Just in case you need another schedule, I've included it here:

Thursday, October 8 --
8:20 – 9:50 (Reading #1)
Friday, October 9 --
8:20 – 9:50 (Reading #2)

Monday, October 12 --
8:20 – 9:50 (Reading #3)
Tuesday, October 13 --
8:20 – 9:50 (Math #1)
Wednesday, October 14 --
8:20 – 9:50 (Math #2)
Thursday, October 15 --
8:20 – 9:50 (Math #3)

Hopefully, any appointments your child may have during this time can be rescheduled. I'm sure you're already aware of the importance of getting sufficient sleep before testing, and eating a good breakfast each morning... Feel free to send in additional (healthy) snacks to be eaten during or after tests. I will also allow sugar-free gum at this time. (May I suggest peppermint? Studies show it helps keep you alert. No bubble gum, please.)

Just a reminder--there will be no major assignments given during testing.

Oh, one more thing: We just finished reading Freak the Mighty in class. It was a powerful story about friendship, acceptance, and overcoming physical and emotional hardship. The class loved the book--ask them to tell you about it. It was made into a movie that the everyone would like to see, but because it is PG13, I can't show it without written permission from you. Please let me know--or call me for more details. Thanks.

Time to close; it's getting late. Goodnight everybody.

Teri